The weather outside may be cold and dreary but as a future healthcare provider it’s important to stay healthy and fit all year round. You not only owe it to yourself but also to your patients and their families. Here are five easy ways to keep yourself in top form this winter.
- Get your flu shot – Don’t put it off either, flu shots are a safe and effective way to avoid this particular disease, after all who likes to have the flu?
- Carry your own pens – And Kleenex, just about everything, then you don’t have to worry about if other people have washed their hands.
- Sanitize, sanitize, sanitize your hands – and wash them too. One of the easiest ways to prevent contamination is to keep your hands clean.
- Take your vitamins – Give your body the boost it needs to hopefully stay ahead of any illness.
- Keep moving – Don’t let the winter weather turn you into a couch potato. It can be tempting to just curl up on the couch in front of the TV, but exercise is just as important in the cold months as it is the rest of the year.