- Ask Questions – Your instructors are there to help you every step of the way, Do not hesitate to reach out before or after class or even on breaks and lunch.
- Work Together – Forming study groups is a great way to learn new material and make new friends along the way
- Study – You will need to study the material outside of class, set aside a little extra time each day to review what you’ve learned so far.
- Tutoring – Again if you need more help please attend any tutoring or make-up sessions being offered. This is a great chance to work one on one with your instructor.
- Practice Makes Perfect – When it comes to clinical skills be sure to practice every chance you get and ask your instructor to critique and help improve your skills.
For many of our students the first module of classes can be challenging. It can be intimidating to have subject matter that is entirely outside of the scope of anything they’ve ever studied before. Learning new and seemingly difficult material can be almost overwhelming, but with just a few tips you can learn how to take on your new classes and find success.