For much of the country fall is almost here. Days are getting cooler and shorter and it can be more difficult than ever to get the exercise you need to stay healthy and fit. Today let’s look at some great tips from the Huffington Post on staying healthy and active in the fall months.
- Enjoy the Foliage – Get outside and enjoy the turning leaves. A brisk walk under the autumn canopy will not only excite your sense, it probably won’t even feel like you are exercising.
- Layer Up – Layer your clothing so that as you get warm while exercising you can take off layers and stay comfortable. The more you enjoy your work out the more likely you are to keep exercising
- Take a Cue from the Kids – Go take a class. We know you are busy with work and school yourself, but now is a great time to take a class you have always wanted to try. From fencing to spinning, or even martial arts, a structured class setting will help keep you motivated and keep your exercise regimen on track.
- Work Out at Home – After a day of school and work the last thing you may want to do is hit the gym, especially as the weather gets colder and the days get shorter. Look for some easy ways to work out at home. Better yet involve your kids and keep everyone healthy and moving.
- Eat Those Fall Treats – No not candy corn and pumpkin spice lattes…..hit the farmers market and get fresh and nutritious foods like squash, sweet potatoes, and apples.