Allen School Graduates Only: Transfer your current skills into our new Healthcare Management Program.
Further your Qualifications with our Healthcare Management Program!
A Healthcare Manager is an individual who is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating health or medical services. Healthcare Managers work in hospitals, clinics, insurance companies, rehabilitation facilities, private practices, skilled nursing care facilities, research and academic settings, and many other direct and indirect healthcare settings. A Healthcare Manager works alongside direct care providers to help create and expand healthcare policies, improve the quality of care, support care providers as the face of healthcare evolves, and work toward a positive healthcare delivery system.
Program Qualifications: Allen School Graduate
About The Healthcare Management Training Program
The Healthcare Management Program at The Allen School of Health Sciences provides a curriculum that includes theory and skills in many areas including:
- Compliance plans, strategic planning, risk management, and crisis management.
- Identify empowerment skills and build one-on-one leadership abilities
- Knowledge on the use telehealth, cloud computing, and web-based identification technology to benefit healthcare delivery.
- Gain knowledge of the healthcare system operates and its impact on consumer-driven healthcare.
- Health information networks.
- Integrate concepts of ICD-10-CM procedural and diagnostic coding and reporting guidelines for reimbursement purposes.
- Components of strategic planning and risk assessment.
- Past and current healthcare trends and issues relating to technical, economic, political, and social forces effecting change
- Organization of the CPT manual, including CPT guidelines and conventions.
- Learn empowerment skills and build one-on-one leadership abilities
- Federal and state programs such as Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, and Worker’s Compensation
- Identify the values of coaching and mentoring effectively
- Human Resource policies and techniques in different facilities and environments of the healthcare field.
- Respond to pandemics/natural disasters.
- Preventive crisis management policies and procedures.
- Describe social class in the United States, race and ethnicity, gender, and age and how these play a factor overall in health care
What Does a Healthcare Manager Do?
Healthcare Managers keep medical facilities running smoothly by managing the day-to-day operations and planning future improvements. Depending on your role, the job description of Healthcare Managers can vary but may include:
- Budget evaluation and implementation
- Departmental scheduling based on projected patient needs
- Oversee the organization of all patient records
- Ensure the healthcare facility is compliant with all state and federal regulations
- Train employees in billing/coding as well as front office and clinical skills
- Human Resource personnel management
- Leadership training
Do YOU have what it takes to be our next success story? Contact us now to get started.Call Today!
Essential Skills for Healthcare Administrators
Healthcare Administrators must complete a wide variety of tasks. They need to be detail-oriented yet also look at the bigger picture. Here are the essential healthcare administration skills you need to succeed at this role:
- Knowledge of healthcare laws and regulations
- Leadership skills
- Technological proficiency
- Problem-solving abilities
- Communication skills
- Business expertise
- Medical Assisting Training (EKG, Phlebotomy, Urine-blood-chemistry, etc..)
- Mentorship and Leadership Skills
Career Opportunities For Healthcare Management
Our Healthcare Management Program prepares students to pursue and achieve their career goals both nationally and locally, while assisting them to build a foundation for
continued life-long learning.
- Human Resources
- Healthcare Policies
- Diagnostic and Procedure Coding
- Billing and Reimbursement
- Health Informatics
- Healthcare Administrator
- Patient Service Representative
- Administrative Support Specialist
Enhance Your Medical Career Qualifications.
Already in health care? Our Healthcare Management program will allow you to pursue higher-level opportunities. Our accelerated program of study build on your existing knowledge and allow you to enhance your career.
Contact Gabby Levoyer
Senior Director of Admissions
Direct Phone: 917-886-8201
— Or —