Brooklyn NY Medical Assistant Program Details
Work with medical professionals in a doctor’s office, clinic or hospital.
Being a Medical Assistant is a rewarding, challenging and fulfilling job in which you can really have an impact on people’s lives.
Here are some of the skills you will be learning as a Medical Assistant:
- Understanding how computers work, keyboarding and use of computers including word processing on state of the art networked equipment
- Composing professional business letters and memos
- Office skills such as front desk operation, telephone skills, scheduling, records management and billing
- Understanding the structure and basic functions of the human body as well as common illnesses and disorders. Measuring vital signs
- Procedures for administering an EKG
- Performing routine blood drawing procedures
- Performing routine urinalysis, performing a complete blood count
- Performing common clinical tests
- Effective patient relations
- Medical law and ethics
- Starting a successful career, creating a resume, interview techniques
Get started today! Schedule an appointment with admissions by contacting an Allen School representative.