Phone interviews are becoming increasingly more popular. Recruiters want to prescreen potential candidates before they invite them in for a face-to-face interview. Future health care professionals should be prepared before a phone interview with a potential hiring manager.
Forbes shared some insight as to how to have a successful phone interview.
- Research the company’s history
- Be in a quiet and comfortable area
- Print out your resume and highlight key points
- Have a note pad handy
- Have questions prepared prior to the call
While the phone interview is being conducted
- Fully listen before speaking
- Smile while speaking – it makes a difference
- End the call on a positive note
- Immediately send a thank-you email
- Have not heard anything back? Follow up in a week
Healthcare professionals, follow these steps the next time you have a phone interview. Keep in mind that healthcare is a competitive market. Always make sure to go the extra mile to stand out from other Nursing Assistants, Medical Assistants or Medical Billing and Coding candidates. If you have any phone interview tips that aren’t listed then please let us know!