Many of our students come to the Allen School with a very similar story. They graduated high school and started down the path of a traditional four year college and found it just wasn’t a great fit after all. Many of them started college with no idea of the career path they wanted to pursue, or they didn’t see how the classes they had to take would fit their goals. This made them wonder if maybe there was a better plan. Here are a few reasons why it may be time to ditch the traditional university and work towards a certificate in healthcare with the Allen School of Health Sciences instead.
- Classes That Count: Every class in our curriculum is geared towards your new career. You won’t have to take a bunch of classes that don’t seem to be helping you achieve your goals.
- Shorter Programs: It can be hard to stay focused on the prize while attending a traditional 4 year university. It can seem like forever before you actually get to start working in your chosen field. The Allen School allows you to get out in the field sooner, sometimes in as little as 9 months.
- Hands on Practice: While book learning is great hands on clinical practice will help you achieve your goals and enter the workforce with confidence. It will also help keep you motivated for the great career you are working towards.
- Internship: Many traditional schools don’t offer you an opportunity to go into the workplace and gain valuable experience in your field prior to graduating. Once you classwork ends you are all on your own. Being able to practice your new found skills in a real working environment is priceless to help build both your confidence and your resume.
- Support Teams: There aren’t too many universities out there that help you through the process of resume writing, job searching, interviewing and more. The Allen School has a top notch team ready to help you gain the skillset you need to help secure your future in healthcare.