- Homework – The tech savvy millennials research their health concerns on the internet before seeing a healthcare professional.
- Quick Care – Millennials do not want to wait around for healthcare appointments. Sometimes it could take weeks before being seen by a general practitioner. Instead, they opt for urgent care or clinics due to the convenience of possibly being seen same day.
- Every Penny Counts – Millennials want to know estimates before committing to medical treatment. This young generation wants to try to prevent financial surprises as out-of-pocket costs continuously rise.
- Word of Mouth – They want to know what patients are saying. Online reviews are important to Millennials as they research healthcare facilities and healthcare providers.
- Health Technology – Millennials look at health holistically and incorporate technology for day-to-day health maintenance. For example, wearable sensor fitness bands with corresponding phone apps are commonly loved by Millennials.
Millennials and Healthcare