- Take Good Notes – Write down the key points of a lecture or from your text book. These notes can be used to create note cards, so you can study while on the train or bus.
- Create a Schedule – Stay organized by creating a schedule of day-to-day activities and include times to study each day.
- Limit Distraction – Such as Social Media, music and television – Social media can be a huge distraction. Make sure to disconnect from your social media outlets to keep you focused while studying.
- Study Groups – A lot of our Medical Assistant students form study groups with peers in their module. By doing so, students are able to connect with individuals that share a common interest and ultimately want to succeed.
- Do not Cram – This is a common mistake we all have made a time or two. Cramming causes undue stress and generally the information is not retained when you wait until the night before.
Five Highly Effective Study Habits