Medical Assistant Training Program - Phoenix Campus
- 15650 N Black Canyon Hwy #210, Phoenix, AZ
The Training You Need to Start a Successful Career in Healthcare
Have you dreamed of a successful career in the healthcare industry? Would you enjoy a fast-paced job in a doctor’s office, an urgent care clinic, or even in an outpatient surgery center? According to the United States Department of Labor, employment for Medical Assistants should grow by 19 percent through 2029. This means that MAs can enjoy job security while working in a variety of exciting offices, from pediatrics and family care to cardiology and oncology.
Come tour our Phoenix campus today to preview our Medical Assistant program and discover how The Allen School of Health Sciences can help make your dreams a reality.
What Does a Medical Assistant Do in Phoenix?
If you're wondering what a medical assistant does, just think about the last time you went to the doctor. Medical assistants do everything from front office work to running labs, so chances are, they spent as much time with you as your actual doctor.
Here are some of the essential tasks that medical assistants perform:
- Schedule appointments
- Check patients in and verify their insurance coverage
- Check vitals and assist with exams
- Manage patient medical records
- Authorize specialist referrals
- Draw blood and perform tests such as labs and EKGs
- Assist with minor surgery
- Manage the office's inventory of medical supplies
- Contact us today to find out how to become a medical assistant.
Providing Phoenix with the Highest Quality of Medical Assistant Education
Allen School's centrally located Phoenix campus makes it easy for you to attend a highly respected Medical Assistant school. Our program is designed to train you in everything you need to prepare for your Medical Assistant certification while still focusing on helping you graduate quickly. After graduation, You can work at a doctor’s office, hospital, clinic, surgery center, home care organization or nonprofit that serves those in medical need. The opportunities are almost endless.
Medical Assistants are a cornerstone of nearly every healthcare facility. You can become an essential member of both the clinical and administrative functions of caring for people in need. You will work with medical professionals in a doctor's office, clinic, or hospital. Our Phoenix campus prepares you to play an essential role in the day-to-day functions of healthcare offices of all types and sizes.Learn More
Do YOU have what it takes to be our next success story? Click Get More Info to get started now.
What You'll Learn in Medical Assistant School
What can you expect to learn as part of our program?
- Front desk operations, such as scheduling appointments, managing medical records, and billing patients
- Business writing, communication skills, and patient relations
- Computer skills, especially with software and equipment commonly found in medical offices
- A basic understanding of healthcare and insurance
- An overview of the human body, including basic functions and common illnesses and disorders
- Taking vitals and preparing a patient for an exam
- Performing blood draws, urinalyses, and EKGs
- An overview of medical law and ethics
Areas We Serve
Our MA program in Phoenix serves surrounding areas such as Glendale, Tempe, Scottsdale, Mesa, Tempe, and Peoria. With top-notch training and a convenient location, The Allen School of Health Sciences makes education easy. Contact us today and take the first step toward tomorrow’s rewarding career.