- Classical Music – It may not be your type of music, but many studies have shown it to be conducive to studying and learning. Study time may be a perfect opportunity to expand your musical palette and crank out the Mozart.
- Mozart Effect – There really seems to be some scientific evidence that Mozart in particular lends itself very well to improving mental performance
- Instrumental Music – Music with no vocals is great for studying, it doesn’t all have to be smooth jazz though. Many movie soundtracks have awesome instrumental music that will help you focus as you study.
- Nature Tracks – Well, technically not music, but they can help you relax and focus.
- Turn it Down – keep the music volume down so it doesn’t distract you from your studies
- Make a Playlist – not only will you like all the music, but if you keep it to about 45 minutes’ worth of music, you’ll know when it’s time to take a study break.
- Skip The Radio – The ads and DJ dialogue will distract you in between the tunes.
How to Study to Music