Make a Real Difference as a Nursing Assistant
Nursing Assistants provide basic care for patients and residents under the supervision of professional nurses. They are employed in hospitals, nursing care facilities, or long term care facilities in one of the most in demand medical professions in the health care industry. Because of the growing elderly population, many Nursing Assistants will be needed in long-term care facilities. Being a Nursing Assistant means you’re really making a difference in people’s lives during crucial stages of care.
Graduates of the Nursing Assistant program are eligible to apply to take the New York State Nurse Aide Exam.
About The Program
We offer our Nursing Assistant program at our Brooklyn and Jamaica, New York Campuses. Here are some of the nursing aide skills you will be taught during your training:
- Effective communication between patients, their family members and health professionals
- Infection control and OSHA Universal Precautions
- Deliver patient care necessary for the health and comfort of the patient
- Therapeutic diets and feeding techniques
- Psychological changes in the aging patient
- Assisting patients with activities of daily living including bathing, dressing, and toileting
- Using good body mechanics for lifting, moving and transporting patients
- Assisting with admissions, discharge, transfers and physical exams
- Relationship between vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse, and respiration) and body systems
Ready to jump start your career in the healthcare field? You’ve come to the right place. With one click, the Allen School of Health Sciences can put you on your way to a new and exciting career.