Becoming a Medical Assistant can be a rewarding and fulfilling career choice. Here are some steps you can take to start your journey as a Medical Assistant:
- Research the role: Learn more about what Medical Assistants do; their responsibilities, and the skills and qualifications required. This will help you determine if it’s the right career path for you. For over sixty years the Allen School of Health Sciences has trained thousands of people for their new careers in healthcare. Contact the Allen School of Health Sciences to kickoff the new year and learn about becoming a Medical Assistant.
- Education and training: Look for accredited Medical Assistant programs in your area. These programs typically offer a combination of classroom instruction and hands-on clinical training. Consider factors such as program length, cost, and reputation when choosing a program. The Allen School is accredited by: The commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) and licensed by the New York State Education department.
- Enroll: Once you’ve chosen a program, complete the application process and enroll! Make sure to meet any prerequisites or requirements for admission. Allen School is now enrolling now for early acceptance for classes starting in 2024.
- Complete your training: Attend classes and participate in clinical rotations to gain practical experience. Take advantage of any opportunities for internships or externships to further enhance your skills and knowledge. The Allen School internship component in our Medical Assistant program is 275 clinical hours. You can put your skills to use while interacting with patients and healthcare professionals. It can give you a chance to build relationships and network with the healthcare industry as an intern. Most importantly, you can gain valuable skills and hands-on experience prior to graduation.
- Prepare your resume: Update your resume to highlight your education, training, and any relevant experience or skills. Tailor your resume to the specific job you’re applying for. Our career services team can introduce you to local medical offices, assist our students with cover letters and professional resume writing. They can help prepare for interviews: Practice common interview questions and prepare thoughtful responses and highlight your skills, experience, and passion for the Medical Assistant role. They can also connect you with local medical offices to help you secure interviews.
- Continue learning and growing: As a Medical Assistant, it’s important to stay up to date on the latest medical advancements and industry trends. Consider pursuing continuing education opportunities and professional development to enhance your skills and advance your career.
Remember, starting a new career can be challenging, but with dedication, hard work, and a passion for helping others, you can succeed as a Medical Assistant in 2024. The Allen School is looking forward to you becoming part of the Allen School family. Contact us today. We are here to help you discover your passion for the medical field. www.allenschool.edu